Tuesday, October 19, 2010

searching on the itouch

It's the little things that make me happy... like discovering the search feature on the itouch. Being able to search on the itouch made the itouches that much easier for my students to use.

I bought a rockstar belkin for my itouches so that students would be able to use it as a listening center. The belkin allows five students to hook up to one itouch and listen together. I downloaded CDs of audio versions of our books from our adopted curriculum and created a playlist. I carefully showed my students how to open the music app, find the audio books playlist I had created, search through the playlist to the book that they wanted to listen to and then push the play button. WHEW!!!!! A lot of work.

Then I discovered that the search feature works for searching for songs too! Slide to the left to pull up the search feature. Type in the first few letters of the book and BAM!!! There it is!

It's the littlest things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment