Friday, October 15, 2010

Itouches


I have been spending quite a bit of time with my itouches lately. We have five in our room, thanks to the Qwest grant. I am finding that they are very popular with my students and their accessibility makes them a perfect solution for the classroom. Last year, I purchased 14 netbooks through the Qwest grant. I love the netbooks. Their size and portability have been invaluable in my classroom. However, when we are looking for a grab and go kind of technology- the itouches are the thing we grab. Within seconds, students can have the itouches up and going and running their favorite program/app. And, they can do a lot of the same tasks on the itouch as the netbook. I am just beginning to explore their potential in the classroom. I expect to write a series of articles on my itouch discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment